Saturday, September 3, 2011

…getting ready for breast cancer awareness month

I was trying to figure out what ribbon to get, being bored with the pink (and it clashes with almost nothing I own) so I think I shall either get a purple or pink/blue/yellow with clouds, one of which may be for Alzheimer's awareness but I forget which since they've run out of colors. Contrariwise, I can raise awareness of very many worthwhile causes with just one ribbon, so it is highly economical too.

Then I ran into the Think Before You Pink Campaign and am now confused as to whether to subscribe to the beliefs of the Breast Cancer Action Project or the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Partnership.

On the one hand, I like grass-roots movements and think more people should be aware of them. To this end, I have created the Thatch Ribbon to remind people of the importance of grass-roots:

“thatch ribbon” and the thatch ribbon logo are the registered trademarks of the National Grass-Roots Awareness Partnership Program, anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight (not to be confused with the "khaki and yellow ribbon" of the National Incontinence Awareness Partnership Program which is solely responsible for its output).

Despite my attraction and support of grass-roots. I cannot yield my undying affection of AstraZeneca and their fine suite of oncological medications such as Arimidex® Brand Anastrozole (ask your doctor!). In the end I am left completely confused as to whether pink, purple, or thatch ribbons are Good or Bad, and thus fall back on the philosophers of yore for a useful parable on the Philosophy of Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment