Sunday, May 15, 2011

...exploring a world of legos

Usually late to a trend, I was reading too many references to a game called Minecraft that seems to have captured many hard-core gamers despite its comical simplicity.

Well perhaps it is comically simple for some as I am an abject failure so far and have resisted the temptation to look up "Minecraft for the Pathetic Dummy" as I think there is hope.

At present, my first goal is to "attack a tree until it yields a block of wood". Where "attack" means pound with your fist. You can see the representation of my fist in the lower right corner of the image.

Although I've beaten upon trees until my hand substitute ought be bloody, the wood eludes me. However, all is not lost as I have learned valuable skills upon the way:

  • I can punch flowers and sugar cane very effectively
  • I can punch the wool right off of sheep
  • Same for the feathers off a duck
  • I can annoy cows and pigs at will
  • I can dig up sand
  • I can shred tree leaves like a panda
But I think I am most proud of:
  • my ability to pound upon a tree until it explodes, nearly killing me, creating a hole, clods of dirt, and not a single block of wood
And at night Kokopelli comes and shoots me to death with arrows. But my will is strong, and life is but an illusion and so I continue in my days of constant desperation seeking exactly the right tree.

Spoiler after the fold:

You  can click on an object until your index finger falls off and nothing will happen except the effects noted above. Holding down the left button is infinitely more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment